Get the most out of Google Maps!
Connecting Google Maps with dashdash gives you the power to find directions and places and enrich them with data, all in a spreadsheet.
Things you can do when using Google Maps with dashdash include:
- Find places by name or location and enrich them with data.
- Find places within a specific radius including restaurants, cafes, gyms, schools, and more.
- Geocode addresses or locations by converting them into their longitude and latitude coordinates.
- Reverse geocode pairs of longitude and latitude coordinates into their address.
- Find the directions between locations using several modes of transportation including transit, driving, walking, or cycling.
- Calculate the travel distance and time for a matrix of origins and destinations.
- Find the elevation of locations in meters.
Google Maps is a web mapping service developed by Google. It offers satellite imagery, aerial photography, street maps, 360° interactive panoramic views of streets (Street View), real-time traffic conditions, and route planning for traveling by foot, car, bicycle and air (in beta), or public transportation. In 2020, Google Maps was used by over 1 billion people every month.
Google Maps offers an API that allows maps to be embedded on third-party websites, and offers a locator for businesses and other organizations in numerous countries around the world.
Provide a start and end location to calculate directions between two locations. You can search for directions for several modes of transportation, including driving, walking, bicycling, or transit.
Provide a matrix of start and end locations to get travel distance and time, based on the recommended route between start and end points.
Provide latitude and longitude coordinates to get the elevation in meters.
Provide an address and turn it into latitude and longitude coordinates.
Provide a search term or place type (f.ex. "restaurant") as well as coordinates to get a list of places in a certain radius. Retrieve addresses, place IDs, ratings, and find out if they're open now.
Get details about a place, such as phone numbers, opening hours, reviews, and more.
Provide a search term and get a list of places, along with their addresses, place IDs, ratings, and find out if they're open now.
Provide latitude and longitude coordinates and turn them into an address.
Google Maps content to help you get started!
- Find businesses around any location with Google Maps Platform
- Geocoding and reverse geocoding with Google Maps APIs
- Find store locations with Google Maps