With rich location data for over 100 million places, Google Maps Places API offers undoubtedly one of the largest databases of data on places and local business. This template allows you to search for places of interest in Google Maps within a specified radius from a location like nearby museums, new restaurants, and popular bars and clubs. You can then enrich those places with comprehensive information such as their complete addresses, phone numbers, user ratings, and reviews.
How it works
- Enter a location or an address.
- Specify the search radius in meters.
- Define the place type you're looking for (e.g. gym, restaurant, art gallery, pharmacy, etc.). You can also search for a very specific place by providing a search term.
- The Google Maps Nearby Search function will find and return a list of places matching your search criteria.
- The data returned includes the names of the places found, their addresses, rating scores, and number of user ratings. You can also find out if a place is open now.
- You can then enrich the retrieved places with additional details including phone numbers, formatted addresses, websites, or reviews.