Google Analytics events tracking allows you to set up custom events that would trigger actions based on specific behaviors on your website — for example, tracking changes to your pageviews, session durations, traffic referral, etc. Instead of having to spend a lot of time and effort setting up your custom Google Analytics alerts, you can get started with this template right away. It will send you timely SEO alerts straight to your Slack workspace, which is a feature you can’t set up through Google Analytics. That way, you can stay on top of your metrics and monitor any changes without the need to visit your Google Analytics dashboards every day.
How it works
- Specify the Google Analytics view you want to use.
- Define the Google Analytics custom alerts you would like to receive including:
- Drop in organic traffic.
- Drop in page visits.
- Drop in goal completions or conversions.
- Spike in 404 page visits.
- Spike in bounce rate.
- Specify the Slack channel to send the alerts to.
- Receive daily Slack messages whenever your any of the website performance alerts are triggered.